Monday, July 1, 2013

Can of Worms: Prepping Floors for Paint

#canofworms.  If I had a Twitter account that’s what I’d be writing right about now.  Is that how it even works?  I have no idea how the Twitter world works.  Anyhow, just for fun, my thoughts as I prepped the playroom floors to be painted this Saturday…

What the “H” did I get myself into?

Seriously?

Oh, look, the sprinkles from our gingerbread houses (from Christmas!) stuck in the crevices.  Nice.  Maybe I do need to use wood filler for the cracks.  Seriously, what the heck am I doing?

IMG_6275

Oh, great, look at that splintered wood.

IMG_6277     IMG_6276

Do I really need to fill it?  Why am I doing this again?  Maybe I’ll just put a piece of furniture there.  Will anyone even look anyways?  It is the playroom after all.  This is temporary so why do every little detail?  It will be covered in the future anyways.

Nice gaps between the floor and the molding.

IMG_6290

Great, another detail.  But really, I think we should just wait til we get hardwoods and then get some good chunky baseboards.  Nothing a little caulk couldn’t help, right?

I like the worn in look, so it’s okay if the paint chips.  All the better.  More character.

I just want to paint.  Why can’t I just paint already?  This STINKS!

IMG_6281

Actually, in my head, my word choices were not that nice.  But this is a family place, so I’ll keep it “G” rated.  Excuse the horrible pic, but here’s the before paint pic.

IMG_6278

And a look at the other side of the room.  Most of the carpet is out except where the shelves are and the tv cabinet.  The table and Expedit cubbie shelves were shoved in here until the paint job is done.

IMG_6282

I’ve changed game plans a million times through this process.  At one point, I was going to empty both rooms and do a one and done paint job, but it was stressing me out.  So back to half the room, let it cure, then the other half.

I’m not going to lie, I was completely overwhelmed by the prep work and details and was second guessing the entire thing. But now that I got over the hump (and maybe skipped some of the prep work), I feel it coming together and I’m getting excited.

I did finally get through the primer, two glasses of wine and a coat of paint in my trademark DIY rebel fashion…skipping rules, breaking rules and all that good stuff.  I’ll be back again this week with those pics and hopefully one half of the room done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...