Thursday, December 13, 2012

Duct Tape {Hair} Bows

The other day I came home to my daughter and her babysitter creating duct tape hair bows and I fell in love.

DUCT TAPE HAIR BOWS plumberry pie

They are too cute and better yet, super easy!  Which reminds me, I’ve been wanting to share this awesome gift idea with you since…ooh…April.  My daughter received a bin full of duct tape with a few instructions of how to create things with it.  How cool is that?!  Great gift idea for a wide age range too.

IMG_4872

Okay, now back to the bows.  This too, would be a super sweet gift to give to the girls in your life.  My daughter was so excited about them, she started making one for anyone she could think of…including her grandmas.  I cannot wait to see the bows in their hair!!

here’s what you need to get started…

  • duct tape
  • scissors
  • bobby pins, hair clips or headbands

IMG_4875

STEP 1

Cut a 3 inch strip of duct tape.

IMG_4882

STEP 2

Stick the 3 inch strip to the duct tape still on the roll - sticky side to sticky side.

IMG_4883

STEP 3

Then cut it off so you end up with print on both sides of a 3 inch strip.

IMG_4885

STEP 4

Fold it like an accordion, just like when you made homemade fans as a kid.

IMG_4886

STEP 5

Cut a small strip of contrasting tape to wrap around the middle to create the bow.

IMG_4893

STEP 6

Slide a bobby pin under the strip.  Boom, you’re done!

IMG_4894 IMG_4895

You can use clips from Michael’s or thin headbands too.

IMG_4900 IMG_4901

Variation:  the “double-decker”

Just add a smaller bow to sit on top of the bigger one.

IMG_4878

A couple other options would be to glue the bows on shoe clips to jazz up some shoes or attach them to gifts, make a pin, so many options.

Have fun!

-Kim

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I saw these recently on a girl at my daughter's bday party!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...