Monday, February 6, 2012

Tame The Bed Head Beast

I choose my battles with my kids, especially in the morning.  Get them out the door, geared up and bellies fed, that's all I can ask for.  In turn, they usually leave my house looking like they've been through a wind storm.  Like I said, I choose my battles.  I'm lucky to get them out the door in time for the bus.  Every now and then we try to tackle the Bed Head Beast.  I've tried putting a little water on the spot and combing it down, but it bounces right back up. So out comes the gel.  Still bounces right back up!  Seriously?! UGH!  For some reason it never fails to bounce back up and I send my kids on their way sportin' some good bed head.  Until now.

I just had lunch with an old friend and as we were talking over the adventures of parenthood, especially with boys, she shared her Bead Head Fix with me.
  1. Wet a washcloth, more damp than wet.
  2. Lay it on top of the bed head, then go about your morning.  About 5-10 minutes should work.
  3. Take it off to discover bed head no more!

BEFORE: a little rooster tail action





THE FIX: damp washcloth on the head



You and your little man will even get some giggles out of it!



AFTER: Bed Head Beast Under Control


I've done it three days in a row now - works like a charm.
GENIUS! 

The other day I ran across another great tip for anyone living with little boys...Getting Rid of the "Boy Smell" in the Bathroom.  If you have boys, you probably know what I'm talking about.  For those who don't, boys have a way of missing the toilet.  We don't always know it, then there's a lingering smell that is hard to track down and fix.  Check out Ask Anna... for her tips on how to get rid of the "boy smell" in the bathroom. 

I love comments, so please feel free to share any tips and tricks you have from your adventures in parenthood!

16 comments:

  1. That's a great tip! I'm going to FB it because I know a lot of moms that need this tip. :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim! Here's a helpful post by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch about photo editing sites similar to picnik.com:
    http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2012/01/8-free-photo-editing-sites-alternatives.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! I'd love for you to enter my linky party. You could win a 3 pack from Sew Sweet Patterns just for linking up: http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2012/02/linky-28-will-craft-for-free-patterns.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is smart! Great way to pick your battles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love easy ideas! Bed head isn't a problem here but it's a tip to pass on to my kids who have kids. Saw you at The Painted Pear Linky party. :-) Hope you visit and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you popped over. I'll be sure to check out your blog too!

      Delete
  6. Such a simple idea/fix and yet I've NEVER thought to try that. Like you, I've tried combing it down with water or gel and it NEVER works. I am SO excited to try on Monday before school starts. Awesome idea!! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I hope it works:)! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. We use the same concept with my big guy but we also put a knit cap on to hold it in place while he's doing his morning routine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. we always wet it down but never thought of the washcloth - fun & functional! ha! just started following via linky - c'mon by for a visit!

    www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use a washcloth on my 5 yr olds hair every morning, but I get it wet and basically wet down the top of his head and soak the trouble spots before I comb it. Works beautifully! He would probably rather me lay the wash cloth on his head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea!! At three there is NO way my little guy will keep a wash cloth on his head...guess I'll wait it out a bit longer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, half the battle is getting kids to go along with the plan:)!

      Delete
  11. I used this on my son, it TOTALLY WORKS!! Thanks for the awesomely hilarious, but useful, tip!

    Alice.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...