Saturday, December 22, 2012

Last Minute Christmas Pinspiration Gifts

Last year, I was on the DIY snow globe bandwagon and this year I jumped on the Starbuck’s bottle bandwagon.  There are millions of ways to reuse this adorable little bottles.  I just love ‘em!  For this project, I just wrapped the box in holiday paper, trimmed it out in washi tape and made labels for the caps.

IMG_5017

Inside the bottles…

  • Elf Kisses – Hershey Kisses
  • Snowballs – mini marshmallows
  • Green & red candy corn – was going to label this mini trees, but used a Happy Holidays one instead
  • Peppermints – just used a candy sticker

Then I attached a gift card with ribbon and called it done.  This could work for anyone with or without the gift card.

IMG_5020

IMG_5019

IMG_5018

Another Pinterest inspired idea I jumped on was North Pole sticks.

IMG_5005

I’ve seen them in cupcakes, powdered donuts or marshmallows.  Super cute.  The kids watched Polar Express with cookies and milk for their school party.  So I sent them home with a North Pole hot chocolate stirring stick with a jingle bell attached.

IMG_5010

My original plan was to dip these in chocolate, but I tell ya, I cannot seem to melt chocolate.  So I adjusted and create my own method.  A quick dip in water and roll in  sparkly sugar crystals and boom there you go!

IMG_4997

IMG_5007

These would be great just hanging with the fam having hot chocolate or out on a platter at a little holiday shin dig.

IMG_5009

Last week, I had snack duty for Sunday school.  I couldn’t resist slapping on these melted snowmen labels to add a bit of fun to the water bottles.  I found this free printable here.

IMG_4938

We brought the Sunday school teacher some Elf Kisses…

IMG_4928

…and we were going to bring snowman powdered donuts, but instead of cute, they looked kind of creepy.  So plain powdered donuts it was!

IMG_4931

IMG_4932

Check out my Christmas pin board for more last minute pinspiration.

I’m definitely in last minute mode trying to tie up a bunch of loose ends.

Are you ready or are you in last minute mode too?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim... I pinned one of your cute ideas!! (The sugar-coated marshmallow on the candy cane!) I'm going to pin the melted snowman too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alice! :) Hope you are well and happy new year!!

      Delete
  2. Aw, those candy canes are so cute! I love all your little crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...