Thursday, August 15, 2013

{the happy hallway} Teal Painted Floors

Welcome to what I call the happy hallway.  These floors make me feel like I’m on vacation at a little beach cottage.  There’s just something about the combo of the color and the subfloor’s raw quality that makes my heart happy.

This shot probably captures the color of the floors best.  It’s Behr’s Porch and Patio Floor paint in Heritage Teal.  I used low-lustre because it shows less defects in the floors than a gloss would and is less slippery for crazy little feet.

plumberry pie teal painted hall floor

Plumberry Pie Teal Painted Subfloor

When my husband came home to see that I pulled the carpet out of yet another space, he was about to call in back-up for some intervention.  I’m so glad that he took the leap of faith with me once again. 

I used the same process as I did with the gray and white striped floors in the playroom.  Speaking of which, things are moving along and I’m starting to reload and finish up a few projects in there.  Here’s a sneak peek.  The chair is awaiting a facelift and a few tweaks on the table.  Stay tuned…

plumberry pie sneak peek of playroom craft area

Have a great weekend!

…Kim

5 comments:

  1. Who would have thought to paint a floor? I love that teal color you chose! I also looked at your previous post where you did the gray and white striped floor and it looks fab! I am a new follower and look forward to seeing more genius ideas from you. If you get a moment, please stop by my blog and say hi!
    -Khammany

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous, Kim! You are on a roll and what a pretty fresh color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That color is just about the prettiest I've ever seen! When I think of teal I think of something a bit darker. This is perfect! And that striped floor!! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful, Kim! What a nice change and I love the basket, too! I actually bought the same one and took it back...now I'm regretting that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how has it held up with time?

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...