Friday, August 31, 2012

Another Failed Project & Projects in Process

So I’ve been a bit MIA this week.  I actually have a post written for a little lamp makeover that turned out to be another miss like my kitchen table makeover.  So now I’ve got two makeovers to makeover.  My little lamp was suppose to get the golden touch, but it looked more like when you try to get sun-kissed blonde hair and it turns orange instead.

IMG_3765 IMG_3769

With school starting next week, I’ve also been on the organization bandwagon.  I may have found a system to keep my clutter counter at bay.  Yes, I know, I am the key to any of the systems I try, but this one may just stick…I hope.

IMG_3774

I am happy to say that I’m typing with both my hands right now!  I got my cast off on Monday and have slowly been trying to get back in the groove.  However, yesterday I may have overdone it a bit.  I was a little excited to start doing things and spray painted a lamp, washed, sanded and painted a door, cleaned counters and did dishes with my gimp hand.  Needless to say, there was an ice pack wrapped around my hand by the end of the day and two unfinished projects added to my list.

IMG_3778

Against my better judgment, I will finish painting that door today because I need it done before school starts (more on that soon).  But I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend with my family before the hustle and bustle of school starts.

Last weekend checked off two major things off our summer to do list.  Enjoyed a day at the zoo in honor of my dad at the Walk Against Alzheimer’s.  Proud to say we raised over $2,000 for the cause!

IMG_3703

IMG_3713

IMG_3717

IMG_3720

IMG_3724

IMG_3730

IMG_3740

IMG_3734

And we finally had a lemonade stand, which my daughter has wanted to do since the snow melted.

IMG_3756

IMG_3757

IMG_3758

We’ve checked most everything off our list except camping.  So I’m thinking we may have a tent in the backyard this weekend!  Enjoy your last weekend of summer!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I think the lamb looks good from far away :) Love the green socks. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...