Just popping in to share a few things…
1. Getting close to painting the floors in the playroom. Figured out the paint color and possibly a pattern. Just need to get the dirty work out of the way…sanding, priming, yick!
2. Discovered a new trim, door and cabinet paint that is supposed to work like oil paint. I refuse to use oil because of the fumes and clean up issues, so I’m totally geeked about this product! I’ve got a LOT of trim work and possibly some spindles ahead of me.
3. Have you seen fridge coasters? I thought it was a super cool product, but decided to go the cheapo route for now. Picked up super cute plastic placemats at my grocery store and slid them onto my shelves to catch drippy milk and other spills. This way I can just grab the placemats and hose them off.
4. I took Jennifer at Dimples and Tangles advice and moved the black and white pillows to the chairs and brought the other two together on the bench. The black in the Trina Turk pillow pulls it all together. After all my rearranging, I can’t believe I didn’t think of this. Thanks, Jennifer and everyone else who weighed in!
Also, there’s a garden stool that’s there that wasn’t before. Thinking too monochromatic for this space, but a great piece for the price. Found it at Home Depot’s garden area. I could paint it, but will probably just return it.
5. This makeshift burlap wall just makes me happy. Shhhhh, don’t look at its ragged and wrinkled state. I’ve been thinking about doing something here for a while and finally just started pinning burlap to the wall one day. Eventually, I’ll take it down, iron it, and do some detail work to make it a bit prettier, but it works for now.
Hope the sun is shining in your neck of the woods!
Have a fabulous weekend!