Tuesday, June 11, 2013

{playroom update} stain or paint?

I still haven’t painted my pot all striped and wonky, so I thought I’d share my progress on the playroom floor situation.  In all honesty, I write this post because I’m avoiding all the stuff that I’m suppose to be doing right now.  So let’s talk about floors instead, shall we?

Look!  Progress!  It really doesn’t take long to get the carpet out.  It’s those staples and tack strips that do you in.  I have one strip of carpet left, but it has furniture on it that I can’t move by myself.

IMG_6141

So as I'm pulling up this carpet, I’m second guessing my decision to paint and thinking once again about staining.  As strange as it sounds, our subfloor is pretty.  At least I think so.  I know some of my friends think I’m a nut.

IMG_6142

I thought I made my final decision about a month ago.  The plan: gray and white stripes.

IMG_6143

But now, I’m thinking of a medium tone stain.

IMG_6144

I do love the charm of a painted floor though.  What to do?  What to do?

And so, we are at a standstill once again.  Sometimes I annoy myself with all my indecision.  UGH!

I know some of you said paint on my last floor update.

Stick with paint?  Stain instead?

Cast your votes now!

Hold the phone!  {cue in record scratching noise}  I was about to get a link from my blog for this post, when I see this post from Emily Clark in my feed.  SERIOUSLY!!!!!  Are you kidding me?  Gray and white striped floors!  How wack-a-doodle, nutso is that?!  Maybe I’ll take that as a sign to go for the stripes.  CA-RAZY COINCIDENCE, Batman! 

You must go over to Emily Clark’s blog to see these awesome floors.  Go, go, go.  Come back and tell me what you think!  I love them!  I may just be done hemmin and hawin.

Besides, when we finally do get hardwoods, I can have my medium toned floors then.

If you’ve made it through this entire post…thanks for sticking with my big, fat rambling in my attempt to avoid my to do list.

2 comments:

  1. Paint definitely!It looks so fresh! Just think how pretty it will look when it is done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, positively, no doubt about it - paint! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...