Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Front Porch Reveal

I finally added stripes to the other pot and I’m calling this front porch done!

IMG_6207

IMG_6228

IMG_6206

I didn’t take a before picture so I dug up this Halloween one.  But you can see we’ve got the bench on the left of the door, leaving the far left end of the porch empty.  Not horrible, but so much wasted space in front of the window.

IMG_4055

So after some rearranging and overthinking, we’ve got ourselves a new little hang out.

IMG_6220

IMG_6225

There’s not a stitch of turquoise in the pillows, but somehow this rug pulled everything together for me and anchors the confetti dot table nicely.

IMG_6212

I painted the edge of the chalkboard to add another pop of turquoise and tie it into to the rug.  I also added gold trim on the front of the chalkboard to connect with the gold on the table.

IMG_6213

IMG_6223

IMG_6224

Having this seating arrangement has invited so much more use out of this space than before.  It’s become one of our favorite hang outs.

IMG_6227

A perfect place to sip coffee, lemonade or a glass of wine…and just be.

IMG_6229

IMG_6219 

Front Porch Projects

4 comments:

  1. Looks very welcoming! I'd say you are done too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely spot! Your striped pots add just the right amount of fun and I love all the details like your leaning chalkboard and the lanterns. I know you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your proch Kim, it looks so inviting! I love those striped pots!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...