Friday, February 17, 2012

Sister's Demo & Reno & a Woo Hoo!

First I have to give a little woo hoo!  My Tame the Bed Head Beast post was featured as having the most visits to the 30 Handmade Days Pity Party last week.  This is the first time I've been "featured" so I'm a little giddy to say the least.  Anna at Ask Anna also did a shout out for this post on her FB page and Bec at Little Lucy Lu gave me a shout out for the Cheat the Class Treat post on her FB page.  So it was an exciting two weeks for Plumberry Pie!  Okay, I'm done.  Just a little excited!  So now to the real post for the day...my sisters demo and reno.

Since I don't have any major projects happening at my house, I thought I'd share what's happening at my sister's.  I've found that no matter the size of your space, if you don't have a good layout, then any space can seem dysfunctional.  My sister's house is just under 1,000 square feet and the layout wasn't the best.  While her living room is a good size, her kitchen is was closed off and tight.  So she decided to start knocking down some walls!  Things are still in process, but here's how far she's gotten....

BEFORE
- the wall dividing the kitchen and living room -

AFTER
- down to the studs -

AFTER, AFTER
- no studs, new header -

She also wanted to open up the entry way by getting rid of the half wall and closet.

BEFORE
AFTER
- view from the kitchen -

AFTER with her cute dog

She also plans to redo the floors and gut and redo the kitchen, but there's that thing called money.  So for now, she'll finish off the walls and enjoy a wide open space.  I will make sure to keep you up-to-date on her progress because who doesn't love a good before and after?!

Happy Friday!
Kim

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kim thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi. Your blog is super cute with some fun ideas. I love remodeling but boy do I dislike the process. It looks like your sister is on the way to some great upgrades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Love your blog and I can't wait to see what changes are made in your sister's house:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, impressive work!!

    Kim just thought I'd make your 2 weeks even better by telling you that you've WON the handmade cards over at my Scrapity Anne! Head on over and hit the email button to send me your mailing info. Congratulations!!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. we just did the same thing...knoecked out half a wall between the kitchen and family room...I love it!! and it definitely feels like more space, even though we lost space by losing the wall!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...