Thursday, March 28, 2013

The {adult + kid} Easter Table

Remember when I said I was trying not to bring more stuff into my home and use what I had on hand?  Well, I cracked…just a little though.  Still using the wrapping paper placemats, but just at the kids’ table.  Found placemats similar to the ones I originally wanted for a third of the price at Home Goods and I had a gift card to burn, so into the basket they went.

The big kid Adult Table…………………………..

IMG_5635

IMG_5637

IMG_5636

IMG_5638

Tulips, gotta have ‘em!  They just make me happy! One of my all time favorites.  (thanks, Kev)

IMG_5639

Every year, I have visions of real live Easter grass on my table and it is yet to happen.  Instead, I put my air plants in these little tulip bowls I grabbed at a garage sale this summer.  They sit on top of these fabulous green plates I found in my mom’s basement (aka, the best thrift store in town!).

IMG_5640

Along with the word ‘“bloom, these are the words I ended up stamping on the tags.

IMG_5634

The Kid Table………..………………..………………

I used white wrapping paper as a runner down the middle and colorful wrapping paper as the placemats.  I like to use white or kraft paper on the kids’ table with cups of crayons handy to doodle.

IMG_5648

IMG_5645

Two reasons why the kids get paper plates:

  1. don’t have enough “real” dishes
  2. less dishes to do Smile

I kept it simple by placing a single butterfly smack dab in the middle.  Love how it looks like a framed piece of artwork.  Tried a name card, but it looked too cluttered.  I like its simplicity.

IMG_5644

Used buckets from previous Easters to hold polka dot paper straws, eggs and napkins.

IMG_5650

IMG_5649

IMG_5651

IMG_5652

IMG_5646

IMG_5647

And while I was in my springy groove, I gave my Christmas cactus a new spring jacket using newsprint wrapping paper, polka dot washi tape and twine.  If only it was that easy to update my wardrobe.  Isn’t he cute?

IMG_5643

…………………………….………………….

Happy Spring & Happy Easter!!

…………………………….………………….

- Kim -

3 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC & Bloglovin follower from the “Keep Calm” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute kids table and I love those tags! I've GOT to get me some washi tape! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...