Friday, March 22, 2013

A Few Family Room Updates…

I gave you a tour of our family room a while back, with the hopes of waking it up a bit and having it mesh better with the kitchen.  As usual, my indecisive nature kept me at a standstill for a while.  But finally, I’ve committed to a few things to freshen the space.

I decided on these shower curtains as my new window treatments.  Yes, shower curtains!  At $12.99, it’s a low risk investment should I change my mind again.  Shower curtains are a great inexpensive solution, however, you may need to make some adjustments because they will likely be a bit short.  Mine are too short, but hidden behind the couch, so I’m not in any rush to fix them quite yet.  Knowing me, they will remain that way.  But if you can’t see the bottom, does it really matter?

IMG_5590

I hung them with the same rope I used on my bamboo blind fix.  I really love the added texture the rope gives.

IMG_5589

I also grabbed some new pillows, that fabulous gold branch lamp, (which some people in my family think is weird, but I love) and the coral frame to add another punch of color.

IMG_5606

Why yes, that frame has no picture in it.  I’m good like that.  And can you tell by the three different paint colors on my wall, l I haven’t decided on a paint color yet?

IMG_5600

IMG_5607

round tray

Well, that’s it for now.  If anyone has a favorite, light gray paint color to suggest, please send it my way.  And if you want to paint it for me, that’d be cool too!

Have a great weekend!

- Kim

2 comments:

  1. I've seen those pillows - are they from Target? I like them! I never thought of using shower curtains as curtains and I really like the rope idea. You are so resourceful!

    And good luck deciding on your paint color :)

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pattern on this curtains!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...