Friday, May 11, 2012

Creating Monogrammed Journals

The case of the missing letters

I was pretty giddy when I found the black and white journals for Erin’s mystery party for only a dollar!  Only trouble was, I couldn’t find two of the initials I needed.   After checking three Michael’s with no luck, I decided to replicate the look.  I was stuck on these journals, so I didn’t want to give up on them just because I couldn’t find two.

So I grabbed some black and white polka dot paper and a big black initial sticker.  The sticker didn’t look quite right, so I decided to print off letters from my computer.  At first, I thought I’d have to cut around the letter, but quickly decided I didn’t have the patience for that and just cut a square around the letter.

The journal with the letter “n” is the original and the “a” and “s” journals are my copy cat versions.  Can you tell the difference?  Yes, I know you can, but I thought it was close enough.

I covered the “a” journal with the big polka dots.  For the “s” journal, I decided to get a little fancy and put a strip of the bigger polka dots down the middle letting the original part of the journal with the small polka dots peek through.  Actually, the truth is, all I had left of the polka dot paper was a strip and I was too lazy to run to the store for more.

IMG_2653

And since they were in the goody bags, the girls really wouldn’t have time to compare the difference, so I had that going for me tooSmile

IMG_2652

And that is how I solved the case of the missing letters.

 

To all the Moms out there, have a fantabulous weekend!!

Happy Mother’s Day!

&

Happy Friday!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...