Friday, May 25, 2012

Favorite Summertime Drinks

Since Memorial Day weekend is upon us, thought I’d share some of my favorite summertime drinks with you…

We’ve all had water with lemon slices, but why not get crazy and try cucumber slices and mint leaves for another refreshing alternative?

Cucumber Mint Water

IMG_2987

 

Passion Fruit Iced Tea

Have you ever had the Passion Fruit Iced Tea at Starbucks?  This is one of my favorites.  My kids love it too.  A fellow Midwest blogger found her own way to make it at home much cheaper.  Check out Vicki’s recipe to make your own.  We’ve been drinking it all week!

IMG_2979

 

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc

Looking for a refreshing white wine? A friend of mine just tipped me off to my new “go to” summertime wine! You might recall my “go to” red is Red Diamond Merlot, but in summer it’s nice to have something refreshing and crisp when the temperature rises. I’m typically a red wine drinker even in the summer, but this stuff is delicious! It’s got a hint of citrus flavor to it, not at all sweet, just refreshing.

Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc is affordable - between $12-15 depending where you buy it.  I found a bottle at Target the other day and you can also find it at Costco. 

 

 IMG_2984

 

Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy

And for my favorite summertime beer - Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy.  It’s got a hint of lemon in there making it extra refreshing, but not overpowering or sweet.

   IMG_2986

For some other refreshing drink options, check out East Coast Creative’s post here.

If you haven’t entered the $50 Stella & Dot Giveaway, you’ve still got time!  I will draw the winner Tuesday!  Click here to enter.

Have a safe and relaxing

Memorial Day Weekend!

-Kim-

3 comments:

  1. That summer shandy has my name on it! Happy (long) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to have to try the Passion Fruit Iced Tea- Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a red wine drinker too. But I'm always willing to give a good white a try. I also think mint in water is very refreshing...but haven't tried the cucumber. Thanks for sharing!

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...