Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gettin’ Wacky With Washi

It took me a while to catch on to the whole washi tape craze, but now it’s caught on like wild fire over at my house.  First, for my friends out there that are saying,

“What the heck is washi tape?!”

It’s basally a decorative Japanese paper with an adhesive back.  If you want more background information on washi according to wikipedia, go here.

IMG_2746

So where do you get it?

Got those ones up there from Target in the office section, but google it and you’ll find tons of other options.  I’ve also come across some at Michael’s.

So what do you do with it?

Well, just about anything.

Wrap it around old baby food containers or jars and BOOM  - super cute storage!

IMG_2976

Perfect for gems, googly eyes or paper clips.

IMG_2884

 

Wrap it around a pen and add a flower on top!

-ADORABLE-

(fyi: I did need to add a glue dot at the top and bottom of the pen because the adhesive on washi tape doesn’t stick to certain surfaces very well)

 

IMG_2894

IMG_2893

IMG_2895

 

Wrap a gift.

IMG_2968

Make a gift.

IMG_2733

 

IMG_2886

IMG_2887

 

 

 These ones made with love by my daughter for Mother’s Day.

 

 

 

Frame a picture.

Decorate a bookmark.

IMG_2751

 

Just have fun with it!

IMG_2888

IMG_2890

IMG_2891

The entire family is hooked on this stuff!

And I just finished another project that I’ll share with you soon.

Have you guys gotten wacky with washi too?

If so, I’d love to see what you’ve created!

If not, go get your wacky washi on!

- Kim -

Psst…there’s still time to enter the $50 Stella & Dot Giveaway!

Click here to enter.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, what a great craft material for all age ranges. I know my Girl Scouts would love this stuff!
    All your crafts are super-cute! I especially like the mid-century starbursts in that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't gotten into the craze yet, but now I'm tempted! Thanks for sharing.

    Sharon @ mrs hines class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second inspireddsign's oooh. That looks like fun. I am hoping to make homemade vanilla and homemade caramel this year for Christmas gifts and think I could use this to decorate the jars! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...