Friday, September 27, 2013

Friend Feature Friday: Garage Envy + Painted Brick House

I’m so excited to start a fun, new series called Friend Feature Friday!  Every time I’m inspired by a space, I want to share it.  So my friends are sweet enough to feed my crazy obsession and play along.  First up, my friend Nicole.  Featuring of all things, her garage.  Yep, that’s right.  I have serious garage envy.  Who would’ve thought?  After you see it, you will too.

Who says a garage can’t be beautiful?  Just look at the contrast of dark gray walls to the crisp white strips.  And I think their garage floors shine better than any of the floors inside my house.  Ahh, the wonders of paint once again.

garage envy

I love how they put all the storage across the top half of the back of the garage allowing easy access to bikes and open floor space.  This is definitely an issue in our garage.  And that ball bin makes for super easy access to the balls.  We have all of ours in a plastic garbage can which is the exact opposite of easy access.  I don’t even know what’s at the bottom of that can.

garage awesomeness

The use of the strips allows you to change out hooks and bins to fit your needs, which is so versatile for a family’s ever-changing needs.  I think we need to look into that system.  Prime example of how organization can be beautiful.

garage envy 2

Next up, the outside of her home.  I mentioned that we may be needing to paint our house soon and we’ve been thinking about painting the brick along with the siding.  This before and after of painted brick has me sold.  I zoomed in on the before pic of their house so you can get a better look at the brick.

Nicole's exterior before

If you’re not a painted brick person, this transformation may just change your mind.

Nicole exterior after 2

Classic black and white.  You can never go wrong with that!  I think it makes the house feel updated, crisp and have presence.

Nicole's exterior after

It’s a look that will stand the test of time and is absolutely gorgeous!  Nicole, thanks for letting me share your home today!

Another Friday Feature I’ll be doing once a month is Foodie Friday with Chef Jackie.  Can’t wait to share her Goat Cheese Pear Tart recipe with you soon.  It’s delicious and will be perfect for the holidays!

Have a wonderful weekend!  I’ll finally be painting stripes on the other side of the playroom.  Finally!!  Maybe I will get something done this month after all.

3 comments:

  1. I have garage envy too! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saving this post. I want that garage. I literally could live in there! FYI I am working on a gluten free almond bar tonight. If it is a good one you can post it on foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, I have it!!! I'm always a fan of painted brick, I think you should go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...