Monday, September 30, 2013

31 days + The One Room Challenge {aka ORC}

Hello, hello!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I’m happy to say that I did in fact finish the playroom floors once and for all.  It’s such a relief to finally check that off my list.  Now I just need to reload the room and finish off the details.  Can.not.wait to be done with this project already!!  Slowest diyer on the planet here.

gray and white striped playroom floors {plumberry pie}

And can you believe it’s already October tomorrow?  Holy Joe, how did that happen?!  Last October, I took the Nester’s 31 Day Challenge and wrote a post every day for 31 days.  While I enjoyed the challenge, I’m not taking it on this year.  I found myself writing posts in my head every second of the day…it kind of started to make me a little cuckoo.  Every thought turned into a post.  The other day I enjoyed looking back at some of those posts and was reminded that I need to hit reset and get focused again.  You can check out my 31 Day Focus Frenzy series here.

clip_image001

So instead, this year I’m thinking about taking the One Room ChallengeLinda from Calling it Home challenges a group of bloggers to finish a room within six weeks.  I always thought that would be a great way to put the pressure on myself to actually finish something.  I’m a girl that needs deadlines.  And wouldn’t you know it, she is extending this challenge into a linking event so anyone can join in!  Head on over there if you are interested in more information.

Okay, I’ve decided. I am going to do it!  At first I was hesitant because I’m afraid I won’t be able to step up to the plate and actually get it done even with the pressure of the challenge.  But Linda mentioned in her post, if you don’t finish, at least you’re further along than you were six weeks before that.  I’ll reveal the room of choice on Thursday, October 3rd, the official start date of the One Room Challenge.

See you then, if not sooner…

- Kim

5 comments:

  1. Kim, I am so glad to read you are joining in. When I first read your title, I was scared for you. I did the 31 days, twice. It is tough, to say the least and to do that with the ORC would be total nuts. Can't wait to see your room on Thursday. Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot. I had written a bunch of stuff, and then my comment disappeared. Anyway...going to check out the challenge you mentioned and decide which one to participate in. Can't wait to see your room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wanted to participate too, but now that the date is here I'm not so sure! Not quite ready to bite that one off yet. Your floor looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am thrilled that so many are taking this on! This way I get lots of inspiration and advice!

    Well I am holding a Giveaway in return!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Velvet Pumpkins Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I can't wait to see what room you decide to do. I will enjoy being a spectator this year and maybe next year I'll be ready to join! Love your floors!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...