Friday, November 8, 2013

One Room Challenge Reveal {just a peek}

Yesterday I was hoping I would have a post up and the angels would be singing with beams of light shining down on the finished room, but life happens.  I had a man down sick last week and I caught a bug this week, so the last two weeks were a bust.  Instead of pulling an all-nighter to get it done, yesterday I chose to curl up under three blankets on the couch and head to bed early.

Admittedly, I was bummed this morning, but thanks to Lisa at Shine Your Light, I am here to celebrate what I’ve accomplished in 6 weeks.  Her encouraging words reminded me that I’m much further than I was 6 weeks ago and that’s something to celebrate too.  By the way, you must check out Lisa’s reveal…another black wall of awesomeness to fuel my obsession for dark walls

So let’s see what I was able to check off my list from my week one checklist.

Paint the walls Owl Gray.  Check

Hang bamboo blinds.  Check

plumberry pie bamboo shades layered curtains

Paint bookcases white with dark back.  Check

plumberry pie white bookcase with dark back

Gallery wall.  Umm, does one picture count?

plumberry pie gallery wall art

I’m so close to the finish line and will be back soon to show you the full reveal!  Thanks to Linda for hosting this because if it weren’t for you, I’d still be sitting here just thinking about all the stuff I want to do.  Thanks to Linda for encouraging us every week too and putting things in perspective for me yesterday. Smile  Make sure to check out the rest of the linking participants finished rooms at Linda's.  Oh, and while you’re there, check out Linda’s ORC family room makeover on her Wednesday post.  Magazine beautiful.  You are sure to be inspired.

To see the progression over the six weeks, check out these posts.

Week One

Week Two

Week Three 

Week Four

18 comments:

  1. Your sneak peaks look great! Can't wait to see the whole room reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are feeling bad (insert sad face here), but you have come a long way in the last six weeks and you will get it finished soon. We will be checking back to see the final, final reveal. In the meantime, rest and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh those dark blue bookcase backs have me wanting to bust out the paint…..I love that contrast! Thanks for the shout out Kim……your room is coming along beautifully and I can't wait for the full reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont worry Kim, you and your family come first..it's JUST decorating! We will be here for you when you're done. Love your window treatment and wall color. Best of luck and hope everyone's feeling better!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, you are so sweet and thank you. I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I know this will be done any day now, so you should feel great. Look how much you did do over the six weeks.....a lot! I need to know more about that pink frame. The back of the bookcases looks fantastic, btw. Hang in there, it's never really over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant' wait to see it.. I hope you are back up to full steam soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have come a long way! Feel better so you can knock out the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon:( But I love where you are going with this! Love gray owl!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah so bummed you weren't feeling well ... but my dear you are on your way and we cannot wait to see how you continue on!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors! Can't wait to see more...hope you are feeling better!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes we need to focus on what we have accomplished! Life happens.....what you have showed us is wonderful....so don't stop now:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, sweet Kim, I'm sorry you weren't feeling well! You've accomplished so much and I know you're motivated to have this DONE! You'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are all recovered! I love what you have done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you just hate when life gets in the way? Hey, rome wasn't built in 6 weeks :)
    I love what I see so far and no doubt the final reveal will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have made progress! Everyone has daily stuff to deal with and this challenge was to give us a little push to (try to) finish. I don't believe I would have done as much as I did had I not started in the spring and I have yet to finish a nightstand but due to an arm injury it has to wait. I used grey owl recently in my kitchen but lightened it by 50% - It is a gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great job- adorable! new follower xd&m

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...