Well, there’s two meanings behind this. Friday morning my little man woke up with the stomach flu. Good times. Needless to say, I didn’t end up painting the bench in the laundry room, at least that’s the excuse I’m using this time. I did throw together a super quick, easy and cute little St. Pat’s Day décor item.
Here’s what you need:
- about 10 minutes of your time
- green paper/plastic straws or bamboo sticks (I used leftover paper straws from the little man’s birthday party)
- foam shamrocks
- mason jar or small vase of some sort
- baker’s twine or regular twine
- office key tag
- green candy or split peas (I used leftover green Jolly Ranchers, must be the least favorite flavor because it was the only color left.)
I made two different projects. First I made homemade St. Patty’s Day straws by simply sticking the smallest foam shamrock onto the straw a little ways down so you have room for your mouth. So easy and cute!
Homemade Shamrock Straws
And the second project was inspired by Bec of Little Lucy Lu’s Valentine centerpiece. I used the same concept, but with shamrocks.
Add some green candy or split peas to the bottom.
I would’ve added more, but that’s all I had at the moment.
Don’t you love that little leprechaun?
My hubby’s grandma gave it to us.
Such a cute little guy to add to the fun.
Boom. That’s it! Cute, easy and quick!
Get your green on!