Monday, February 4, 2013

Inspired by the Brady Bunch & Happy Days

This past week, we introduced the Brady Bunch & Happy Days to our kids and I have to say, I am loving it even more now.  I didn’t realize Happy Days had so many risqué undertones.  Anyhow, while watching, I found myself wanting a couple of Carol Brady’s outfits.  Yes, I know.  Never thought I’d say that.  But that hot mama had a some good moments every now and then.

I couldn’t find all the photos I wanted, but this is a partial.  She had the cutest yellow dress on with awesome turquoise beads.  Oh, Carol.  I really wanted to show you a white tunic from the Elopement episode, but couldn’t find an image and I don’t know how to freeze a video image.

Carol Brady turquoise necklace

And look at the wall treatment behind the bunch.  I think I could see that in someone’s home today, but maybe in white, light gray or the framing in gold with a pop of color behind it instead.  Who knew?

And during Happy Days, on the crazy floral couch, there was a zig-zag pillow!  Yes, ahead of their time…or are we just catching up?  Good stuff.  You just never know where you’re going to find inspiration.  Which reminds me of that post I did on the DSW bag.

And it’s kind of fitting I do a post on the Brady Bunch today because it’s my sis-in-law’s birthday and she was (is) their #1 fan!  Happy Birthday, Shelly!  Welcome to the club! Smile

2 comments:

  1. My kids have been watching The Brady Bunch too! They also want to try Gilligan's Island and Mork and Mindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is nothing new, is there? Things just go round and round. It is kind of funny! Her hair is coming back in style, too!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...