Thursday, February 21, 2013

Laundry Room Update–getting there…

This is the story of how 3M hooks + IKEA Expedit shelves = happiness.  Last weekend, I had the urge to purge.  I decided to jump on the laundry room that I left half done over a year ago now. 

One side of the laundry room was pretty and organized, the other side, stashed with boxes, bags, and an old light fixture…basically stuff that didn’t belong.  Not a happy place.  This was my plan of attack.

Step 1: gut and purge. Basically move the piles from one room to another. It always looks worse before it gets better.  Move what doesn’t belong in a laundry room (like bouncy balls, tennis balls, toys) to where they belong.  Trash what is trash and donate the 125 extra rags and bathroom rugs you might have accumulated.

IMG_5478

Step 2: reorg.  move IKEA Expedit cubbies from playroom to laundry room. (also, need to pick up a tension rod to put between the wall and cubbies for hanging clothes)

IMG_5479

Step 3: add functionality.  use 3M hooks to create utility closet/corner.

IMG_5484

IMG_5483

IMG_5485   IMG_5480

Brooms, dusters and vacuums hidden nicely behind the door. Smile

IMG_5487

There’s a bit more tweaking to be done…like hiding the holes in the wall and doing something with those window coverings and what to do about that door?!

IMG_5490

But for now…

IMG_5491

functionality = happiness!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea to use a tension rod to hang things! And I love the colorful rug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, Kim ~ wish mine were that organized! Love that bright, fun rug! What is that blue thing hanging on the end of the expedit, I might need one?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My laundry room in my unfinished basement is dark and dreary so I love a good laundry room revamp!
    I never thought to use a shelf in there but it makes so much sense!
    Thanks for the visit on my blog and following along. I plan on doing the same and looking forward to reading your older posts..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your laundry room looks so good! Love the fun colors and organization. :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...