Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Nods to Thanksgiving: The Calm During the Storm

Amidst all the chaos of this season, I find comfort in a few simple Thanksgiving moments in my home.

This quote keeps me in check when I start to feel stressed and calms me every time I walk by it.

Gratitude

turns what we have into enough

IMG_4442

And my little brass bowl along with a beaded necklace my little man made just make me happy.  Seems fitting to use a vase I found at my mom’s to hold some pheasant feathers because isn’t family what it’s all about?

IMG_4445

I am obsessed with these feathers.  I just love their quiet beauty.

IMG_4446

Simple and beautiful all on their own.

IMG_4447

IMG_4448

IMG_4450

Hope you are finding little moments to calm and warm you during this crazy, chaotic season.

IMG_4451

I am very thankful for these moments and thankful for the people in my life and the joy and comfort they give me.  And I am thankful for all of you who stop by for a read during your busy lives.  And your sweet comments are a gift every. single. time.

Much gratitude,

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Great decorations! I love the feathers because they add so much texture!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...