Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 23: Candy Corn Pizza? Yes, Pizza!

Okay, so first, if you follow along on Facebook, you know that I finally hit a milestone here at the old Plumberry Pie.  It was a secret little goal of mine to hit 100 “likes” (or 100 GFC followers) before the Pie’s one year anniversary in November.  Not so secret anymore.  Anyhow, thanks to the support from all of you, Plumberry Pie hit 102 “likes” yesterday!  You seriously have no idea how appreciative I am.  To know that anyone stops by to read just makes my day!  So thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Moving on…  If you couldn’t already tell from my last few posts, my sister has a wealth of creative ideas. Today’s awesome idea is one you can do with the kids or bring to a party. On Saturday, I mentioned on FB that my sis was on FOX 2 sharing Halloween party food ideas with her friend Chef Kelli and this was one of them.  Candy Corn Pizza.  It’s not made of candy, it’s a three cheese pizza creating the look of candy corn from the different colored cheeses.  Seemed easy enough, so I went for it.

I took the recipe and just eyeballed my cheese and sauce and followed the directions on my Boblio crust for baking time.  Below you will find the official recipe.  For the yellow cheese, it’s just a mix of Colby & Monterey Jack.  The white and orange cheese together create the illusion of yellow.

IMG_4261

IMG_4263

Chef Jackie's Candy Corn Pizza Yield: 8 slices

  • Oven Temperature: 350°F (depends on your crust)
  • 1 pre-made crust such as Boblio
  • 1 1/2 cups Colby jack or yellow shredded cheese
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar, orange
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella
  • 1-2 cups pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce

Ladle sauce on to crust and spread leaving a 1 inch outer crust.

IMG_4264

Sprinkle yellow or Colby jack cheese on the outer edge in a circle followed by the cheddar (orange cheese) and sprinkle the center with the mozzarella.

IMG_4265

IMG_4266

Bake according to your crust directions. Let cool five minute then slice into wedges to make candy corn slices.

Well, mine didn’t quite turn out.  My pieces didn’t have enough white, so my advice would be to make that mozzarella glob of cheese bigger.  But you can tell what’s suppose to happen, right?  If you want to see a better version of it, I’ve included the FOX 2 TV clips for you.

IMG_4267 IMG_4268

Below are two links, but notice while you are at the kid’s link that there are two clips to watch for that one.  They had tons of fantastic ideas.  They even gave a shout out for my glow stick pockets.  Hope you find something fun to do for your parties or just for a fun family night!

Halloween treats for youngsters - Fox 2 News Headlines (note there are two kid clips)

Adult Halloween Party Treats

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clip_image001

3 comments:

  1. I love that! I'll have to buy some more cheese and let the kids try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, thanks for sharing! I'm a new GFC follower :)
    xo
    www.domesticsweetheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea!! I love homemade pizza :) I'll have to do this.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...