Wednesday, October 3, 2012

{FOCUS FRENZY} DAY 3: Divide & Conquer

Overwhelmed.  That is how I feel when I look around myself sometimes.  So I’ve adopted a 15 minute method to help break it down.  I’m still working on making this a habit, but it does work when I do it.

Basically, pick a spot.  Take 15 minutes to tackle it.  If you don’t finish it, then take 15 more minutes the next day.  By all means, if you get in the groove and you have time, pound it out.  Eventually, all you will need is 15 minutes to maintain that area.

It’s kind of like the divide and conquer concept.  Divide a large project into smaller parts.  When my son gets a huge pile of homework, I tell him to focus on the task at hand.  Don’t think about all the other assignments waiting in the wings.  Just take it one task at a time.  Otherwise, we become so overwhelmed, we shut down.  We can’t think clearly which defeats our goal of getting it done.  Happens to me all the time when I look at the mad mess in our office.  So, today, a corner in the office.  One section at a time, 15 minutes at a time.  I’ll get there.  How about you?  What will you divide and conquer?

FOCUS: Divide and conquer.  15 minutes a day.

clip_image001

Check out the rest of the FOCUS FRENZY series here.

Don’t miss a day…follow along your favorite way.

Check the sidebar for facebook, GFC or an email feed.

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing! I learned about it from flylady.net. I even planned to blog about it. Don't you just feel messy on the inside when things are messy on the outside? I sure do.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...